As promised here is a short little MLB Playoff preview.
Please keep in mind just because I picked a team for the series doesn't mean I'll be betting them every game**
• Yoan Moncada, 3B • Tim Anderson, SS • Yasmani Grandal, C • Luis Robert, CF • Jose Abreu, 1B The White Sox offense has been smashing all season. Even without guy like Luis Robert missed three months, Eloy Jimenez didn’t debut until late July and Yasmani Grandal played fewer than 100 games. They are dangerous. When Anderson gets on base, it's just a different animal. They really put the pressure on. Chicago’s slash line of .256/.336/.422 is one of the league’s best. This slash line results in a 109 wRC+, which is tied with Tampa for No. 3 in the majors.
• Lance Lynn, RHP • Lucas Giolito, RHP • Dylan Cease, RHP • Carlos Rodon, LHP • Liam Hendriks • Craig Kimbrel • Michael Kopech I guess the real question here will be how well these guys pitch. They have been up and down the last couple months of the season. They had everything wrapped up but it's not easy to turn that switch back on.
• Carlos Correa, SS • Jose Altuve, 2B • Kyle Tucker, RF • Yordan Alvarez, DH • Yuli Gurriel, 1B • Michael Brantley, LF Houston finished with a 115 wRC+ on the year, tops in the majors, and its .335 wOBA is second only to the big bad Blue Jays Bats. The Astros’ biggest asset offensively, though, is how difficult they are to strike out. They only strike out in 19.5% of their plate appearances BEST IN BASEBALL! • Lance McCullers Jr • Framber Valdez • Luis Garcia • Jose Urquidy • Kendall Graveman • Ryne Stanek • Ryan Pressly • Brooks Raley • Yimi Garcia There's not a lot of names It's in this group that are gonna wow you but I can assure you don't see Baker knows how to use it in a variety of ways that can make it very difficult on opposing teams. McCullers and Valdez are the work horses.
This may surprise some people because a lot of people like the white sox. I Don't think their manager does that any favors, while I think Dusty Baker could be the difference with his experience. I don't trust the white Sox pitching as much as others either.
• Brandon Lowe, 2B • Nelson Cruz Jr • Mike Zunino, C • Randy Arozarena, OF • Joey Wendle, 3B • Wander Franco, SS The rays are just one of those teams that just seems to be able to get the job done. Nothing special up-and-down the lineup AND they strike out the most or close to the most in the league. Yet they have a 109 wRC+, .242 AVG, .322 wOBA, 29.8 WAR They will do all the little things they need, like taking extra bags and bunting. • Shane McClanahan, LHP • Shane Baz, RHP • Drew Rasmussen, RHP • Ryan Yarbrough, LHP I mean what can he say about these guys they just have arms everywhere. Baz just got called up, yet he is starting game 2. The rays know more than all of us I'm not even gonna try to pretend like I know what they're doing.
• Xander Bogaerts, SS • Rafael Devers, 3B • Enrique Hernandez, Util • Alex Verdugo OF Here is the toasty slash line for them :107 WRC+, .261AVG, .333 wOBA, 23.3 WAR . No question here, There is power and speed up-and-down the lineup I guess the question is do they show up. JD Martinez It is unsure because of an ankle injury. • Eduardo Rodriguez, RHP • Chris Sale, LHP • Nick Pivetta, RHP • Nathan Eovaldi, RHP This right here is all the?s for the Boston Red Sox is there pitching. I feel like they've been out performing what they're usually capable of. I think during the end of the regular season in kinda reared its ugly head. They are going to have to pitch absolutely out of their mind if they want to have any chance in this series.
I think they're one of the most underrated teams in baseball baseball yet there still a division winner. Boston has played well there's season but this Rays team means business.
• J Soler (R) RF • F Freeman (L) 1B • O Albies (S) 2B • A Riley (R) 3B • A Duvall (R) CF Is lots to like in this line of power up-and-down it. Guys like Freddy and Ozzie are not new to the moment. As a team they are batting for a AVG .244 WRC+ 98, wOBA .323, WAR of 22.1 (11th) • Max Fried • Charlie Morton • Ian Anderson • Huascar Ynoa • Richard Rodriguez • A.J. Minter I used to be scared of this rotation and now I'm not I think they're all playing very well right now and if you look at the numbers they are actually decent. Now they may not be the same as the Brewers, but still this team isn't a push over.
Corbin Burnes Brandon Woodruff Freddy Peralta Josh Hader Aaron Ashby Adrian Houser Is obviously one of the best rotations for most people's money. Not mine. Yes they are good I am just not sold on them yet personally. But personal feelings aside they have been absolutely lights out especially Burnes. There is no question the arms are the stars of this team. They did lose Devin Williams 2 has been very good for them all year because he got drunk and punched a wall. • Willy Adames • Eduardo Escobar • Christian Yelich • Avisail Garcia • Rowdy Tellez As a team they are batting for Avg .233, WRC+ 91, wOBA .310, WAR 22.2 I truly don't think this lineup is that special they are bottom of third in WRC+ on the season. They leave alot of meat on the bone. I will say they have had this division locked up for a while it seems so that could be part of it, but again can you just turn the switch? I am very curious to see how this team performs.
I know this sounds crazy but I think the rotations are kind of equal. OK maybe not equal, but not a HUGE advantage for the Brewers the way that Charlie Morton plays during big games Max freed is pitching out of his mind right now the braves are playing with extreme confidence.
• Buster Posey • Brandon Crawford • Kris Bryant LaMonte Wade
Obviously this team can hit. They don't have 1 guys that hits long balls, they all just seem to have a little pop. They batted .249 as a team which is 7th in the MLB. I can't wait to see how these guys preform against the Dodgers.
• Kevin Gausman • Alex Wood • Logan Webb • Anthony DeSclafani • Jake McGee • Jarlin Garcia They have been solid all year. They have been the best team in baseball essentially the whole year. rotation that ranked third in the majors with a 3.44 ERA is well positioned to continue to roll.
Big names here, don't need to say much. Buehler and Max are Cy Young guys, hell even Urias is. They are stacked. They have the lowest team ERA at 2.96. The question is can they repeat??
Maybe I just want to fade everyone, maybe I just hate the Dodgers. Either way the Giants have been second guess all year (not me) and they have played them neck and neck all year. It's hard to repeat in the MLB.
World Series Prediction
Astros VS Braves
Part of this is I really actually do like these teams and some of it is the value.
Astros win 4-2!!!
MVP Yordan Álvarez
Here is the odds as of now, they can change and you can also shop around!!